“If you love crunch and you love seaweed, these are your perfect homemade chip.. They are dangerously moreish, so make sure you make plenty..” -Poh Ling Yeow
Food fact: “Seaweed is much more nutrient dense than any land vegetables. It is an excellent source of micronutrients including folate, calcium, magnesium, zinc, iron, and selenium. More importantly, seaweed is a great source of iodine.”
So, here’s a recipe that I’ve learned for a quick, healthy snack!
- Nori (dried/roasted seaweed) 25x25cm
- Spring roll pastry 25x25cm
- An egg
- Sunflower or any prefered cooking oil
- Lay out a sheet of spring roll pastry
- Beat an egg then brush it onto the pastry
- Grab a sheet of nori and place it on the pastry
- Press gently so the nori sticks to the pastry ‘evenly’
- Cut it into small, even squares
- Repeat and make as many as you wish!
- Heat up oil for deep-frying over medium heat
- Fry the chips until light golden and crisp – they will continue to cook as they cool
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain in a bowl with paper towel
- Finally, sprinkle with salt and serve!