“Sipping once, sipping twice, sipping chicken soup with rice.” Maurice Sendak
The “magic soup” especially for those who are ill, in my case, for my poorly husband who just underwent a hernia surgery. Comfort food to say the least.
This soup is created to help with inflammation, help pass gas and to basically gain back the nutrients that is loss after having to fast the night before and after surgery.
Recipe (serves 2 persons):
- 2 chicken breasts (any preferred part of the chicken)
- Carrot (chopped into small pieces)
- Potato (chopped into small pieces)
- Baby corn (chopped into small pieces)
- Half an onion (roughly chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- A pinch or teaspoon of turmeric
- Pepper (optional)
- 1 cube of chicken stock (Maggi)
- Boil water over the stove
- Add chicken and some peppercorn and leave it for about 15mins
- Remove the chicken and shred it into pieces
- Using the same water, add in all the chopped vegetables
- Sprinkle a pinch or a teaspoon of turmeric, salt and pepper (optional)
- Slide in the chicken and add the cube of chicken stock
- Lastly, leave it to simmer for about 45 minutes and you’re ready to serve!
Serve with fresh bread or add in some rice, or pasta, and you have yourself a healthy, hearty meal!
Easy peasy.. enjoy!